A 44-acre passive historical park features open park space, groves of trees, riverfront pathways, playgrounds and picnic pavilions offer opportunities for casual and passive recreation. Tree-lined walkways, conversation areas and piers afford enjoyment of the panoramic river view. Located in the park is the James and Ann Whitall House (1748), which served as the hospital after the Battle of Red Bank. The grounds around the House include a kitchen garden and a small orchard. The remains of Fort Mercer, site of a successful Revolutionary War Battle, are located in the northern section of the park.